Friday, October 21, 2011

Religion: my religious rollercoaster, how I was raised, and how it started. Part 1

Picture this: May 30, 1996. A baby is born to his late 20 something parents who have no regard for religion. A father who was hurt badly by his preaching father, and a mother who was scared out of her wits by a church of god grandmother as a child. These are my parents, and I am their lovely baby. We would continue to live like this: an agnostic liberal mother, and a passively Christian conservative father, until my 6th grade year. At this Point, we began to explore Christianity, (much in an effort to please my father and his wonderful mother.) First, we visited my father's origional denomination: southern baptist. That was terrifying. We tried over and over again, different denominations, until we found the lovely Methodist church that my family still attends today. Coincidentally, a lot of people who I went to school with also attended this church, and so I felt right at home. At this time, I still identified as Christian. All went fine and dandy, until my seventh grade year.
My seventh grade year, I began to discover myself. I noticed that we had to start changing in gym class, and I was attracted to the other boys. I was confused, and the bible didn't help much at all. All I knew was that being gay was unacceptable, and that I needed to hide it. Needless to say, this didn't last long, and I denounced Christianity. I didn't know what was true as far as religion went, but I knew it couldn't be Christianity. I read about all sorts of religions. Buddhism, Islam, satanism, and many more were things I considered. And then I found Wicca. I fell in love immediately. I dedicated myself on January 27th, 2008 to Wicca.

***********************
this is just the beginning. I will post the rest of this hopefully soon. I apologize for any mistakes, I am typing this all on an IPod touch.
Until next time,
- logan <3

No comments:

Post a Comment